Sunday, January 12, 2014

Early January

We wound up having three snow days last week. The girls and I stayed home on Monday, but we went out Tuesday to go ice skating and out to lunch with our friends:



On Wednesday, I took the girls to the pool, and Katie and I practiced basketball at the gym. She is playing in a new league this year, through our local rec center. We needed something with a lot less travel than the CYO league. So far she's just had a few practices, but it seems like a good league. She plays with 6th - 8th graders!

Our house, so pretty in all the snow! This is after the crazy winds...I wish I had taken a pic earlier, when snow was covering every branch.



We made snow ice cream several times last week:



I found a recipe, circulating on Facebook, and it's pretty good! And very easy.



Yesterday, we went to the Michigan Science Center for a special event - a new butterfly exhibit! Right up my alley! We watched the new IMAX movie for free, it was sooo good and we all learned a lot about monarch butterfly migration. We also got to go in a special butterfly room, and got to hold butterflies:












It was a small room, but very fun. I don't think we've ever been to an exhibit with monarchs before.

Photo op at the exhibit:



The girls love this tunnel. And Megan looks like a monarch here!



After the bug fun, I took the fam to Slows BBQ in Detroit for lunch. Joe, Steph, and I went a few months ago, and I've been wanting to take Chris there. The brisket didn't disappoint! He and meg shared a big meal. The other girls and I had their famous Mac and cheese. Yummmm...






Today, Meg and Jess had soccer after church. We signed them up for an indoor league, with half an hour of drills and half scrimmage. They LOVE it and we're glad they are getting the exercise and practice! Plus, several of their friends are playing, so it's social hour, too. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like alot of fun! Enjoy it. Katie will be in high school before you know and then BAM off to college. Don't know where the time goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeeeah, Slow's! I want to go back with you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete