Saturday, October 12, 2013

New Orleans

Last weekend, I went to New Orleans for a girls weekend. What a fun time!

The first night, we went to:



We ate two king cakes:




We enjoyed a super fancy lunch out, complete with 25c martinis! I had a melon one:




We toured a cemetery:




This is my friend's aunt's house, where we stayed. We were just a few blocks from the big lake:




We toured Mardi Gras World, where the parade floats are created and stored. It was amazing!













Carving them from styrofoam:




The huge warehouse was chock full of figures like these - all 10' tall or more!










We enjoyed beignets at Cafe du Monde:




My favorite restaurant from our anniversary trip last year:







I did some shopping here:




One of many street artists:




I stopped in St. Louis Cathedral:




I listened to a great band in Jackson Square:




We all went to a cooking class:




Then to Pat O'Brien's piano bar for hurricanes:




We got to light the fountain there:




I brought home masks, beads, and magnets for the girls:








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: