Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Last week

We wrapped up our 2 week vacation with a few days in Wheaton. We got to spend time with Joe and Bram, and we visited Great Grandma Postorino. While we were in Racine, we met up with Chris' cousin Liz, her husband Craig, and their girls Olivia and Madeleine. We enjoyed a great lunch together, and went to the Racine Zoo together. The girls got along great, and played like little monkeys on the playground.






On Sunday afternoon, we made it home!! Finally!! It was sooo good to be home! It took me a week to get unpacked, but the trip was worth it.

We visited our gardens and harvested a bounty from each of them!











I was sick most of the week, but we had a few outings to the pool, beach, etc. in between unpacking.



Last weekend, we did a race in downtown Rochester. Chris ran the 10k, Katie and Megan ran the 5k, and Jess and I walked the 5k. It was a lot of fun!


Other weekend fun: the pool, the farmers market, a walk to DQ, a trip to Bass Pro to the archery range, lots of yard work, and a bonfire!

I'm in love with the Duck Dynasty family!





Oh, and we tore out a lot of old or bolted plants from our gardens, and I planted TONS of seeds! Cabbage, cukes, kale, beets, lettuce, spinach, and Swiss chard! Here's hoping for a good fall harvest!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. My pickling cucumbers were kinda yellow too.....do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you allowed to have fires in the city?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica - only our cukes from the community garden were yellow and ball-shaped. The cukes from our home garden were normal size and color. I have no idea why!

    Aunt Christine - I don't know! But I know a lot of people have fire pits. I know you can't burn leaves without a permit, but I think (hope!) you can burn in a fire pit.

    ReplyDelete