Friday, July 17, 2015

Thumb trip - day 4

We started with a stop at a roadside park near Port Austin. There was a cool hand pump for a water fountain and foot washing station!



It was cloudy but very calm, peaceful, and beautiful. We had the beach to ourselves, like usual:



Then we went to Port Crescent State Park, which is also close to Port Austin. It has awesome dunes and trails! But we mostly played on the beach. Of course.









So calm! So sandy here!






Then we went to Sleeper State Park, near Caseville. We looked around the campground and day use area. But the girls were beached out, so I'm the only one who went on the beach. Again, the blues were incredible, but not captured by camera at all.






We spent most of the afternoon with my friend who lives in the middle of the thumb, near Bad Axe. We had lunch, hung out with her kids, and then went to a fourth state park (Sanilac Petroglyphs). But I left my phone/camera at her house so no pics! She'll email me hers and I'll do a separate post later.

We got home by 7pm. We stopped for one last ice cream cone on our drive back!



Despite the looming laundry pile, we are happy to be home and to get to sleep in our own beds tonight! And even happier to see Chris tomorrow!

It was a wonderful trip. I was really impressed with our state parks, roadside parks, and state harbors! They were all so well kept up, and I had no idea we had so much beauty within two hours of our home!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment