Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Alpena & Jessica's birthday

Yikes!  I'm getting behind in our blog!  Let me finish up August before I dive into school and sports blogging.

The girls and I took one last trip to Alpena at the end of August.  It started out badly...I rear-ended a pickup truck on I-75 when traffic came to a sudden halt near Flint for no reason.  :(  We were all fine, no airbags went off, the water bottles didn't even come out of the cup holders.  But my poor brand new minivan!  It has a crooked face now!  :(


We were determined to pick blueberries on our way up, though, so we stopped in Tawas to pick for an hour.  We got a ton!





In Alpena, we had a very nice weekend, with lots of walks, hanging out, and eating delicious summer meals like this one:

We also celebrated Jessica's and Grandma's birthdays!!


Jessi got tons of great presents:



On Sunday, we went to Auntie Mary's baby shower.  It was so fun and so nice and the food was delish!

Then we drove home, stopping to pick more blueberries on the way.  We got home and got to continue celebrating Jessica's 7th birthday with Chris.  He picked out a cute card for her (it's a cat using chopsticks...a hint to her birthday dinner).

The girls picked out lots of new books for her:



And we took her out to dinner at Sumo Sushi!  Yum!

 
Happy 7th Birthday to our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment