Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter fun

We have had a long, cold, snowy winter. Very long, very cold, and very snowy! We've been having fun inside when it's too cold to go out.

Rock climbing at our gym. Megan made it to the top on five different climbs!



Jess had fun, but didn't climb very high.



Meg at the top.



Katie practiced basketball while the little girls were rock climbing. By the way, her basketball team won again last weekend, 40-14! And she joined the intramural team at her school so she can get an extra day of basketball practice each week!

On one of our snow days last week, we met friends at a gymnastics open gym. The girls loved running around!






We had a big snowfall last Saturday. Then we decided to take the girls skiing on Sunday! We went early, before the crowds, to a hill just 30 min north of us. The girls had a 1hr lesson first, and Chris and I got to ski all of the runs alone. Then we got the girls and skied with them for another few hours. The girls did great! Katie did well, but bowed out early bc her feet hurt. Megan was our fast skier. Jess was slow, but not afraid! They went up the chair lift over and over!















Today we had another snowstorm, with another 5-6". It took me well over an hour to shovel the driveway! Jessi helped me a lot by shoveling the porch and brick patio. Then I used her to show perspective on how much snow we have. It's crazy!









How much snow do you have? Share your snow pictures!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. We have alot of snow too! Will post pictures on Facebook. I thought school was closed b/c the roads were dangerous and you're out going all over the place. haha I remember doing to same with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how adventurous your girls are! We definitely don't have nearly as much snow, but it has been snowing regularly the past week or so. Whenever I get sad about the weather, I just look at the Alpena forecast :)

    ReplyDelete