Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Today was full of Valentine's Day fun and festivities. But first, let me catch up on a few pics:

Last weekend, Jessica went to a friend's bowling birthday party. This was right after she got a strike!



We also went to our friend Maddy's 10th birthday party last weekend:



Yesterday, Katie had a half day of school, so I took her out to lunch! We also went to Barnes and Noble's used book section, and went to a new frozen yogurt place.



Today is Valentine's Day! We started with pink heart pancakes for breakfast:



Then I went to Jessica's class party. I helped out at the snack table, but also got to see her play fun games like shoot a pixie stick arrow through a heart:



And I saw her making animals out of hearts:



Her class sang a few cute songs to the parents:



Next, I went to Megan's class party. Here she is with a friend, delivering cards to the other third grade teachers:



I again helped with snacks (a breakfast buffet), but got to see the games. They were very fun "minute to win it" games. First: stacking conversation hearts:



Next, blowing q-tips into a heart bowl:



Third, unwrapping candy while wearing socks as mittens. So funny!



Meg and Jess had a half day today, so I took them out to a surprise lunch at Hibachi House! And Chris met us there! It was sooo good! They took me to Bordines afterwards. I was in heaven. But Jess cracked me up by saying, "I know why it's called Bordines. Because its BORing!"

We got the girls small Lego sets for Valentines Day. They have been playing with them since they got home!









The girls got me mini orchids. Aren't they adorable???



Tonight, Chris and I are going out on a date while Katie tests her babysitting skills. Wish us all luck!

Happy Valentine's Day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Katie did great! She organized lots of fun activities, and kept them on a good bedtime schedule. But she started texting us a lot at 9pm, b/c she heard something in the hallway. Meg kept telling her it was just Jessica clunking the wall, but Katie was spooked. It took her a few minutes to calm down, but she did. Chris and I had a nice night out!

    ReplyDelete