Wednesday, November 27, 2013

More of November

Katie and I went to Hibachi House for a Japanese lunch on the day her school was closed:



Meg's and Jess' school had a troupe of Chinese acrobats come do a performance:








It was so cute, the kids ooohed and ahhhed for an hour straight!

I went to the Henry ford museum last Friday, the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination. Here's the car he was in:


It was nice to have a few hrs alone in a museum! I got to read all of the plaques and signs I wanted to! Haha!

Jessi's class had a bingo party and Popsicles one Friday. Here's Jess and her friend:



Yesterday, I was a chaperone for Katie's school trip to a science museum in Toledo. It was so fun there! (For the kids AND for me!)

Katie learning about flywheels and kinetic energy:



Giant Katie in a room teaching perspective:



The gravity room! It was just like the mystery spot!



Katie on a hamster wheel:



Katie playing with water vapor:



Katie was good at this:



The highlight of the museum was this high wire bike! Katie and I didn't want to wait an hour to ride it, so we'll just have to come back when there aren't tons of school groups. Here's one of her classmates:



Katie and me after a fun day!



Today we're driving to Wheaton to spend lots of time with family and eat lots of food!

We just hit a nice band of lake effect snow near Benton harbor. We took some beautiful back roads bc 94 was stopped:



Now we're back on 94 and it's totally clear. Here's hoping it was our only delay!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I've always been too afraid to do the high wire bike but Brian has done it. Please let us know when you come back to Toledo.

    ReplyDelete