Friday, September 27, 2013

Catching up!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted! Sorry! September has been a very fun whirlwind! Let me post some pics to catch up.

We are turning into total foodies. We LOVE veggie dinners! Beets and greens, eggplant/tomato/goat cheese sandwiches, and zucchini - all from our garden!




We went to Rochester's Art and Apples Festival, and recognized an Alpena artist there! From Art in the Loft, where Justin works!




Jessi is a soccer superstar! She is amazing, she really understands the game, and plays her position perfectly.




I am a volunteer caretaker of nine raised bed gardens at our farmers market. All produce is donated to a local food bank. One day we found a friend at the garden!




Our dahlias are in their prime now! I love these!




I planted some 'flowering' kale to spruce up the cemetery for fall.




We made Aunt Jenny's famous sugar cookies for the MSU tailgate party. Footballs for the game, musical notes for the band, shamrocks for the ND game, and umbrellas for my flooded siblings in CO.




Some yahoo hired a sky writer to do this at the MSU game!




Meg with G&G Christensen. Notice the lime smile.




I got tix off stubhub, so Megan and I got to go to the game!




The best part was the band!




Oh, and seeing Johnny Spirit on our way to get popcorn and melting moments ice cream cookie sandwiches!




After halftime, we moved down to some open seats by G&G.







My little monkey!




The next weekend, watching the ND/MSU game. The girls and I were conflicted!




We've already made a trip to Yates for donuts and cider. They're celebrating their 150th year!




Last weekend was our parish picnic. The theme was Take Me Out to the Ballgame, and the decorations and crafts were so fun! However, I only got pics of the pony rides:










We are still in garden harvest overload. Lots of beets, spinach and kale, potatoes, and tomatoes! Our community garden is overgrown with banana peppers and eggplants, too.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: