Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Newborn Fawn!

Right after dinner tonight, we had a surprise visit by a newborn fawn! It was walking around our front patio, bleating helplessly for its mama.


It was not at all scared by the 5 of us running up to the front door to watch it...in fact it walked up the steps and onto the porch to get a closer look at us!

It was soooo tiny, maybe 18" tall!





We decided to shoo it to the back yard in the hopes that its mama was back there...but when Chris went outside to scare it away, it walked right up to him and rubbed up against his leg! He did manage to herd it to the back yard, and it walked into the woods, still calling for mama. We are all so sad thinking about the lost fawn. I hope he found his mom!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, he is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! I want him to rub up against my leg!!!

    I hope he found his mom too, the woods was a good choice, at least he'll have cover from coyotes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pictures!!! I can't believe that it let you get so close....find mama, find mama!!! Great new blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete