Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Busy, Busy Wednesday

I didn't have my camera with me today, so no pics. But listen to all the fun stuff we did today! In the morning I drove to Brighton (1hr away) with Meg & Jess to the USDA lab to pick up supplies for my bug kits. On the way back, we stopped by the zoo to have lunch and see some animals. I let each kid pick one animal to visit. Megan picked alligators, and Jessica picked zebras. Of course we visited lots of other animals on the way to and from their picks.

Then they caught a quick car nap on our way back home. I was the guest reader in Katie's class today, so I brought groggy M&J into school with me to read at 3pm. Jess laid her head in my lap the whole time I was reading! I got to take Katie home a little early, and we all went to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. Each kid picked out a ton of books. It was nearly impossible to drag them out of there!

Chris met us at home and helped make a yummy dinner of black bean burgers, salad (from our garden), and couscous-corn salad (see recipe blog). Then we went on a nice walk through the neighborhood. Katie talks a LOT when we go on walks...we joke that her jaw bone is connected to her legs! We talked about summer vacation plans. Then baths, books, and bedtime for the babes. Now I'll attempt to post pics - and hopefully video! - of Megan's tap dress rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment