Saturday, October 3, 2015

August catch-up

I am way overdue on blogging!  Our late August was a blur of fun activities, and September began with school and sports galore and hasn't slowed down yet!  Let me try to catch up a bit by posting some of our August pictures.


A swallowtail caterpillar.  We had 9 larvae on one parsley plant on our deck this year!  They were so fun to watch every day!  I know I have a lot more pics of these guys, later in August, but here's one who just molted.

Our deck planters.  Usually I plant tried-and-true things like impatiens or begonias in them.  But this year, I tried new, weird/crazy annuals in them, and they turned out great!  I love them!

Big deck planters, overflowing with crazy flowers!

Dahlia patch by the garage at the front of the house.

Front corner of Sarah garden.  The spider flowers are a real star!

Volunteer sunflowers at the front of our yard.  Many walkers and neighbors comment on them!

Planter with weird Coleus varieties.

Pots on the front porch.

Small garden by the front door.

Our home veggie garden.

Veggies galore!  I always try to space things out, and it always turns out like a jungle anyways!

We have had a constant stream of cut flowers since early August.

Random bloody tooth hole.

Garden harvest from our community garden plot

Normal zucchini

This is what our kitchen window ledge has looked like since early August!

More tomatoes.

And more tomatoes!!

More flowers.  We planted a few zinnia varieties from seed and have fallen in love with them!

More tomatoes!  Canning pictures to come, I'm sure.  We made many batches of salsa this year, in addition to eating tomatoes every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment