Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day weekend part 1

Hi family, I know I'm terribly behind in blogging.  :(  We've been so incredibly busy lately that I haven't had time to get the pics off my camera, much less blog about them!  I hope to post some pics in the coming days.  Here's a little taste of what we've been up to:

Jessica graduated from preschool this past Wednesday!  That means she's on summer vacation!  Megan and Katie are done with school on June 8th, so they only have 9 days of school left.  (not that they're counting)  Ballet for all three girls will end next weekend with a long rehearsal on Sat, and the recital on Sunday.  Soccer will end on the June 9/10 weekend.  Then we'll ALL be on summer break!

Yesterday we walked in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in downtown Detroit.  We woke up early, put on our cute Fiat 500 t-shirts (provided by Chrysler for the team), and made it to Comerica Park.  It's always amazing to see 30k people in one place for such a cool event!  Chris ran the 5k, then walked back to meet us.  The girls and I walked the 5k, and I didn't bring the stroller, so they walked the whole thing on their own!  I was so proud of them.  There were very few complaints about being tired.

After the race, we went to Belle Isle to see the preparations for the Grand Prix race next weekend.  We picked up lunch at Happy's (mmm) and had a picnic lunch on the island.  We went to the conservatory and the Great Lakes shipping museum.  Then we stopped by REI on the way home to pick up Jessi's new bike (a pull-behind).  We've been working this week to make sure everyone's bikes/helmets/etc are in good shape.  Jessi's too big for the seat behind my seat, so we got her her very own bike!

Last night, we went out just the two of us, to our friends' 40th birthday party.  Steve & Robin both turned 40 last week, and their parents orchestrated a surprise dinner party at their country club.  They were surprised, and we had a GREAT time with their family and friends.

Today we went on a long bike ride (12 miles) along the Paint Creek Trail to the cider mill for donut and ice cream treats.  On our ride back, we stopped at the Krazy Greek in downtown Rochester for some coneys and greek salads.  This afternoon, we went to Bordines to pick out our annuals and some tomatoes, peppers, and herbs.  Tonight, Chris grilled sockeye salmon, tons of veggies, and two heads of garlic.  Along with salads from our garden, we had a delicious feast!  We plan to walk to the park this evening, and then devour some watermelon for dessert.

So as you can see, we are having a great weekend.  Hopefully tomorrow we'll make it to the pool or beach if the weather cooperates.  And I have lots of flowers to plant!  I hope you're having a great weekend, too.  Please share what you've been up to!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! As always, I get tired just reading your posts! You are one busy family! I always want to do what you are doing, especially when you talk about Belle Isle (I don't think I have ever been!). The girls are getting such great childhood memories from every adventure you take.

    Our weekend consistent of a lot of snuggling (for Grey) and some beer drinking (for Justin mostly). I have been busy with wedding shower stuff, which I love because it is forcing me to be crafty again.

    Can't wait for pics of all the fun things you did over the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete