Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best. Mother's Day. EVER!!

Today was the best Mother's Day ever!! 

Well, it didn't start off perfect.  I woke up when Jessica stuck her foot in my face.  "Mommy, will you put on my tights??"  But it got better when Chris made us a delicious breakfast of apple pancakes.  I was showered with presents (flowers) and cards galore.  We went to church, and Katie & Megan sang in the children's choir today.  There's nothing more precious in the whole world than the sound of children singing!  Especially singing praise songs!


Megan's in a hot pink sweater.  See her??

Katie's harder to find...she's right in the middle.
 After church, we picked up subs and fries from Penn Station and enjoyed a picnic lunch by the river in downtown Rochester. The girls threw hundreds of dandelion flowers in the river, and they made up a song and dance for me and performed it on "the stage" (aka brick patio).





Me and my girls by the Ann magnolia in Sarah's garden.

We went home and changed into shorts and tennies and headed out to a local park for a nature walk.  We walked around the trails of Bear Creek Park for more than an hour.  It was so beautiful, and there were so many signs of spring!  I love walking and talking with my girls.  The girls got to play on the playground for a bit, too.




Taking a break by the pond.
After the park, we headed to downtown Rochester.  We walked to our new favorite sushi place and tried a lot of great new sushi rolls.  Jessi doesn't like sushi, but she devoured the tempura shrimp!  Then we walked to DQ and stood in a huge long line for our blizzards and shakes.  My turtle pecan cluster blizzard was soooo worth the wait!  :)

Then home for baths and books and bedtime.  And the day didn't end so perfect...a weekend's worth of dirty clothes and dishes awaited me.  But it's all finished, and I am ready for another busy week to begin tomorrow.  I loved being spoiled all day long, and getting to choose all of the food and activities!  The best part, though, was spending the day doing fun things with our little family.  :)

PS- I forgot to mention that I found a little surprise when I opened my purse tonight to charge my cell phone - my purse is full of flowers (forsythia, violets, dandelions, cherry blossoms, etc etc) picked just for me!!  It's so sweet that I can't be mad about the mess!!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet that they always pick flowers for you (is it still just the ones that are on the ground? or is that just a bordine's thing?)

    Happy Mothers' Day, Amy! You're a great Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome, Amy! Happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life's pleasure are the little things!

    ReplyDelete